If you believe that your vocation is making a lasting difference for children, you are committed to the cause of child rights and you have the passion and the skills for leading the organizational development – we would like to hear from you!
Karin Dom is an organization with a leading role in providing professional services for children with special needs and their families for more than 20 years in Bulgaria. The organization is committed to seeing a better quality of life and equal opportunities for people with disabilities in Bulgaria. Our mission is to support the social inclusion of children with special needs and their families through professional services, advocacy, and raising public awareness. Over the years, Karin Dom develops and grows as a therapeutic center for children with special needs, which employs highly qualified specialists, who help children and their families not only from Varna and the region, but from all over the country.
After more than 15 years, our Executive director Mariana Nikolova will be stepping down as she will take care of another big project within the organization. Our strategy moving forward is focused on identifying the change required within the organization for ensuring continued growth and impact. After more than 2 decades working with and for children, Karin Dom is at a point of restructuring and strategic planning to support the long term sustainable growth. In this context, we are looking for an inspirational and engaging senior leader to take the role of Executive director, who will give a new look on the organization and will play the role of an engine for the organizational operating in the most effective and efficient way. Our Executive should have a proven track record of organizational leading and development, to have a vision of leading change and to have deep understanding and experience as an ambassador of child rights to address the organization ambition to be a leading provider of services for children with disabilities and a stakeholder in making policies and changing attitudes on them.
Purpose for the position.
The Executive director is responsible for the implementation of the strategic decisions made by the Management Board and manages the overall activities of the organization. The ED should support the organizational development to ensure a sustainable growth by directing the organizational activities for sustainable pace of development and timely introduction of new techniques, methods and managerial decisions. Within his/her responsibilities is taking measures to ensure personnel and qualification provide, ensuring healthy and safe working conditions, promoting the team development. The Executive Director has the mandate to represent the organization in signing contracts and all financial-accounting and administrative-management documents. He/ she performs the necessary communication in order to create and maintain a link between the partner organizations of the association in the national and international network and should to be able to work with the media, to know and use communication channels to disseminate information from the association to the beneficiaries and vice versa.
Summary of key functions and accountabilities.
• Developing with the team strategic plan for fundraising attracting big donor organizations local partners and business stakeholders.
• Directs the management of activities related to the realization of goals and projects of the Karin Dom. Makes all necessary management decisions required by a specific situation.
• Reports to the Executive Board of the Association for the implemented activities and the costs incurred for each project. Submits interim and final financial statements. Prepares monthly reports for the work performed.
• Supports the relationship with the media, holds press conferences, participates in various radio- and TV shows by presenting and promoting the Karin dom and the performance of the team outcomes;
Required qualifications of the successful candidate:
The required core values for the position are commitment, diversity and integrity.
• Work Experience: minimum 3 years experience in leading of people and teams, including quality, information, financial and project management;
• Education: University degree in social or management sphere;
• Knowledge of international and national legislation related to child rights, child protection, social services and non-governmental organization;
• Excellent knowledge of the policies and practices for children in Bulgaria;
• Initiative and managerial approach to solving tasks;
• Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and Bulgarian languages is required.
The position is based in Varna with trips in the country and abroad.
Karin Dom offers:
• Opportunity to make difference in policies and practices for children with disabilities in Bulgaria and Varna.
• Work for a lead organization in child rights sphere with international management board an traditions in supporting children and families.
• Leading a dedicated team for a noble cause.
• Competitive remuneration.
Required documents for application:
• CV (in English)
• Cover letter (in English)
• 2 recommendations (in English)
Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is 26 February. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview (in English)