» Graduation ceremony of the 21st class of the American University in Bulgaria
Contacts
Address

Sveti Nikola

P.O.Box 104, Varna 9010

Bulgaria

Telephone:

+359 52 302518

Graduation ceremony of the 21st class of the American University in Bulgaria

21 May 2015

On Sunday, the Deputy Chairwoman of the European Commission, Kristalina Georgieva and the Minister of Education and Science, Todor Tanev, wished good luck to 249 Bachelors of the American University in Bulgaria (AUB). Ambassador Ivan Stancioff was honored with the rank “Doctor Honoris Causa” of AUB during the graduation ceremony of the 21st class of the university. The ceremony took place on May 17th 2015, 10 P.M., at the center square of Blagoevgrad.

249 Bachelors from 22 countries, received their diplomas in front of their families, professors, public figures and business representatives. 45% of the graduated are Bulgarian and the other 55% come from countries such as USA, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Vietnam and Italy. Part of the ceremony were also 19 students from the 12th class of the Masters program in business administration for leading professionals at AUB in Sofia.
Congratulations for the class were given by AUB’s board chairman, Ivan Manev and the president of the university Kevin Aspergen. Salih Menkulassi, student from Albania held an inspiring speech.
Ambassador Ivan Stancioff was given the honorary rank “Doctor Honoris Causa” – chairman of the National Council of the Diplomacy Institute with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Bulgaria.

Ivan Stancioff, born in Sofia 1929, is a graduate of Georgetown University, Washington DC (BA History). Later he held a manager positions at international companies such as World Trade Center IBM. In 1980 he begins his own business and establishes his own IT company – Cresta Marketing S.A. in Geneva. After the political and economic reforms in Central and Eastern Europe in 1990, he returns to Bulgaria for the first time in 47 years. In 1991, Ivan Stancioff is appointed Bulgarian Ambassador in the UK and the first Bulgarian Ambassador to the Irish Republic. In 1994 he is appointed Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and after 1999 advisor to President Stoyanov and then to President Parvanov. At present he holds the title of Ambassador at Large.

The charity activities of Mr. Stancioff include the creation and establishing of  “Karin Dom” – resource and therapy center for children with special needs. For the purpose he gratuitously donates his family home at the Sea Garden of Varna, that is given back to him in 1993. Mr. Stancioff is also one of the biggest donors of the National Museum of History. From 1995 he actively works on drawing foreign investments in the region by focusing on the infrastructure, privatizing and projects with private and state financing.

Mr. Stancioff is Founding member of Dr. Zhelev’s Balkan Political Club (1999), International Maritime Organization (IMO) – President of the General Assembly (1993-1995), President of the General Assembly of the Council of Europe, Strasburg (1994) and a Founding member Atlantic Club – Sofia (1991).

His honors include Order of “Stara Planina” – highest level (2010), Bulgarian of the year (2009 – Vienna, Austria), Commander of the Italian Solidarity Star (2006), Grand Cross of the Order of Rio Branco, Brazil (2002), Honorary Citizen of Sofia (2013), Honorary Citizen of Svishtov Bulgaria (2000), Honorary Citizen of Varna Bulgaria (1999), Commander of the Legion of Honor France (1995)

Source: tvdarts.com
Author: Victoriya Dimitrova

Международен архитектурен конкурс за нова сграда на Карин дом


Learn more

Подкрепи терапията на децата в Карин дом


Donate Now