Activities to Help Families from Ukraine Continue in 2023
19 December 2022
Karin Dom continues to provide support to children and parents from Ukraine in the next year as well. In 2022, with the help of TBI Bank EAD, we managed to reach many families who sought refuge from the war in and around the city of Varna. Activities included:
- Support for parents through individual and group psychological consultations;
- Distribution of educational and entertaining materials selected by Karin Dom specialists, called “Karin Dom in a box”, for children to work at home alone or with their parents;
- One-off therapeutic consultations for children with specialist/s, according to the child’s needs: psychologist, psychotherapist, speech therapist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, social worker;
- Guidelines and advice for parents on working at home with children with special needs and/or ways to deal with challenging behaviour, etc.;
- Children’s groups for socialization and adaptation;
- On the occasion of the upcoming Christmas and New Year holidays, the children were provided with a sweet treat.
Since November, Dr. Mina Lateva, pediatrician, has been conducting free examinations and consultations for children and babies from Ukraine at Karin Dom. If necessary and at the doctor’s discretion, families receive a referral for a free examination by a specialist and/or for free laboratory tests. The examinations will continue in 2023.