The festival Smile Karin Dom is a charity event, organized with a lot of love and a desire to support the cause of Karin Dom – children with special needs and their families.
The event will be held in the garden of Karin Dom on September 18, 19 and 20 and will offer plenty of entertainment for kids and adults – live music, delicious food and drinks from local producers, farmers market, craft workshops, a raffle with many prizes and more surprises!
We hope with this event to prove that Varna can unite around a good cause and help children with special needs who attend Karin Dom for their therapy!
Karin Dom Foundation is an active civil organization with a leading role in providing professional services for children with special needs. The organization is also working hard towards building a tolerant society for the children with special needs in Bulgaria. The main activities are realized by a centre for providing services for children with special needs and their families, and by a resource and training centre.
Vision: Karin Dom Foundation is committed to seeing a better quality of life and equal opportunities for people with disabilities in Bulgaria.
Mission: To support the social inclusion of children with special needs and their families through professional services, advocacy, and raising public awareness.
Did you know?
– Ivan Stancioff founded Karin Dom Foundation with the idea to create a new model for services for children with special needs to allow the abandonment of these children in homes to be terminated. He persuaded his family to lend their house in the Sea Garden for the purposes of the foundation. Mr. Stancioff gathered a small team of specialists from Varna and invited professionals from England to train their Bulgarian colleagues in the latest globally recognized therapeutic methods. Thanks to his charismatic personality and strong personal motivation to be of service to society, Mr. Stanchioff attracted donors to support the cause.
– In 1994 Karin Dom introduced the term “children with special needs” in Bulgaria. The team of Karin Dom started working actively against the classification of such children as “uneducable” and sending them in institutions, hidden from the eyes of society.
– Karin is a cousin of Mr. Ivan Stancioff, that was born with a severe form of cerebral palsy. However, she spoke fluently 4 foreign languages and has traveled all around the world.
– Since the establishment of Karin Dom Foundation in 1996, over 1,500 children and their families have used our services.
– Over 210 of our children are integrated into mainstream kindergartens and schools.
– Each year, about 300 children aged 0 – 8 years old and their families receive therapy and support and are included in the “Early Intervention” Programme …
– …and we had conducted 140 consultations with parents, for the prevention of abandonment of children in institutions.
– The specialists and parents we have trained so far are over 2,300.
– More than 1,800 university and college students got to know the methods used at Karin Dom and our services.
– More than 470 volunteers from Bulgaria and abroad joined our cause throughout the years.
– We have a Toy Library – opened for use by all visitors, free of charge.
– We have a Montessori Club.
– We organize thematic meetings on early childhood development…
– … and play groups “Mom and baby playing together”.
– We develop and organize many Eco initiatives.
Learn more about us: www.karidom.org
Find us at Facebook: Karin Dom’s Offical Page
Support our cause:
Account holder: Karin Dom
Bank: Societe Generale Expressbank
BGN: BG94 TTBB 9400 1506 0684 18
EUR: BG56 TTBB 9400 1506 0684 23
GBP: BG29 TTBB 9400 1506 0684 24
USD: BG40 TTBB 9400 1506 0684 20
Строим новия терапевтичен и образователен комплекс във Варна