Karin Dom Announces a Vacancy for Special Teacher
8 March 2022
Join our team!
We seek to expand our team of good professionals, we appreciate enthusiasm and strive for achievement, ethical attitude and teamwork. We invest in our team by providing internal qualification, training and development opportunities. The ideal candidate for us has high morals and values, is dynamic, motivated, tolerant and supporting to the cause of Karin Dom to work for the welfare of children.
Karin Dom Foundation is looking to expand its team with a Special Teacher for group therapy with children at the Center for Social Rehabilitation and Integration
MAIN OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the team examination of new children for inclusion in a group for therapeutic work in the Montessori environment
- Plans, organizes and leads a group therapeutic process and performs therapeutic and educational work with children with special needs – physical and mental disabilities, speech and language impediments, sensory problems, behavioral problems, hyperactive behavior and autism, multiple disabilities of children with special needs.
- Analyzes and supports the cognitive development of children, play and opportunities for self-care in everyday life.
- Supports them in building skills and habits for independence. Supports the proper organization of the educational process, the work of children, self-service, fun and sports games.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of the annual Montessori training and education system.
- Performs activities in the daily work with children that meet the basic requirements for the implementation of the Montessori system of education and upbringing, based on the principles and practice in this field.
- Organizes the preset environment in the classroom and monitors for orderly behavior, demanding the same from the assistant teachers working in the group.
- Produces additional (non-original) Montessori materials, according to the needs and abilities of the children attending the group.
- Supports the connection of children with nature and the environment; together with the children performs activities related to specific processes and phenomena.
- Organizes the work of the assistant teachers working in the group, provides them with methodological training and training in the context of therapeutic work and according to the Montessori method.
- Selects appropriate methods and means of influence for planned and unplanned situations in the daily life of children.
- Organizes integration activities for the children in the group, and works in accordance with them with other children from Karin Dom and the community. Participates in the process of preparing and conducting the integration of children in general education kindergartens and schools.
- Maintains and fills in the necessary documentation, in accordance with the rules for working with children in Karin Dom.
- Advises parents of children included in the group. Gives guidance and trains parents and relatives to continue therapy at home.
- Plans, analyzes and reports daily group work and the frequency of children’s visits. Prepares monthly reports.
- Prepares and participates in holidays and entertainment organized for children in / outside Karin Dom.
- Maintains and improves his/her qualification by participating in courses, seminars, mainly in the Montessori training and education system for improving his/her qualification as a special teacher.
- Participates in the activities of Karin Dom Foundation as a resource center and training center – teaches as part of a multidisciplinary team – seminars, practical classes for parents, professionals, students, volunteers, social workers and others from the region and the country.
- Annually conducts the necessary tests for a personal health file.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Professional competence:
- Higher education – bachelor’s / master’s degree in “Special Pedagogy”, specialty “Speech Therapy”;
- Experience in working with children with special needs and families – min. 3 years
- Knowledge of the specific medical, social, educational and behavioral aspects of different conditions of disabilities;
- Very good computer literacy;
- Personal qualities:
- Ability to work in a team;
- Responsibility – professional attitude to the specific obligations of the position, performance of additional tasks and their implementation within the specific deadlines; • Good communication skills;
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment;
- Analytical and decision-making ability;
- Experience in working with children and parents;
- Non-discriminatory treatment;
- Good workplace management;
- Striving to improve professional knowledge and skills.
– Skills to apply the principles and practices of the Montessori system of education in working with children with special needs in preschool age;
– proficiency in English at a working level.
- Motivating and dynamic work environment;
- Development in the field of NGOs and work with a cause;
- Participation in trainings, team building, events of the organization;
- Full-time employment contract;
- Motivated team and friendly work environment.
First stage: Please send your CV in Bulgarian in European format with an up-to-date photo, as well as a short motivation letter by March 20, 2022 to e-mail: email@example.com.
Second stage: Interview with shortlisted candidates.
About the Karin Dom Foundation
Karin Dom Foundation is a non-governmental organization, which started its work as a Center for Social Rehabilitation and Integration of Children with Special Needs in 1996. Karin Dom’s mission is to support the inclusion and integration of children with special needs and their families through professional services, support and raising public awareness. The team of specialists of Karin Dom consists of 55 people and annually supports over 300 children and families from Varna and the country. The main activities are therapy and rehabilitation, early intervention and integration, training and advocacy, we encourage volunteering. At the beginning of 2021 Karin Dom has launched its long-term project – construction of a new building for a therapeutic and training center. Karin Dom’s plans are to finalize the construction this year and to completely relocate the organization’s activities.
Through this long-term investment, Karin Dom aims to:
- Create an environment for early childhood development that supports more children and families;
- Provide comprehensive services for children with special needs and their families to support their successful inclusion;
- Create a learning space for children, parents, students and professionals;
- Establish a center for knowledge sharing and research;
• Design a venue for events and campaigns.