National “Being a father” Campaign – Father’s week – November 17-23
4 December 2014
Karin Dom Foundation joined the National “Being a Father” campaign which is part of the part of the Global Fatherhood Campaign – MenCare.
The goal of the campaign is to attract social attention towards the benefits of the fathers’ active participation in the children’s life – for creating a non-violent family environment and for the child’s development. The campaign is focused not only on fathers, but on all male family figures – grandfathers, uncles, etc.
The “Father’s Week” initiative was carried out between November17 and 23.
In partnership with 3 kindergartens, Karin Dom realized a series of events, involving dads’ active participation.
“Fellowship” Kindergarten №14
- Playing with Dad – sports games
- My profession is – dad meeting
- Studying and folk dancing with Dad – activities with choreographer dad
- Games with Dad – show me your favorite childhood game. Let’s play together.
- Dad will tell us about his profession – firefighter, doctor, custom-house officer, truck driver
- Why I love Dad – brainstorming with the children
- A present for Dad – making a present-drawing for my Super Dad
- A kiss for Dad – Bulgarian language
- What does my Dad do – conversation
- Parenting school – responsible dad. Topic: ,,I can’t do without Dad”
“Children Joy” Kindergarten №13
- “My Dad” night
- Soccer tournament
- Open Door Day for groups /fathers talk about their professions/
“Hristo Botev” Kindergarten №8
- My favorite family – Dad and I photographers
- Children, dad, granddads and uncles make bird racks. The event is being noted with a “Golden, Fruitful Autumn” concert
- Save roads: Children and dads talk on the topic of “Protect the child” (“Keep the child safe”)
- The children draw portraits of Dad, Granddad, uncle, big bro.
- Dad’s cooking hour. Fathers of children who visit Karin Dom cooked wonderful meals for all – children, moms and the Karin Dom team.
- Outdoors sport activities were organized in the garden of Karin Dom.