Careers at Karin Dom
Karin Dom Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded in 1994. With a mission to promote social integration of children with special needs and their families through professional services, support and raising awareness.
We like to have I our team good professionals, we appreciate the experience, enthusiasm and desire for achievement. We currently invest in our people by providing them opportunities for training and development.
The information you provide when applying will be treated confidentially by the PDPA (Law on Personal Data Protection). It will be used only if we have a vacancy that can offer you and with your express consent.
You can send your CV at:
CURRENT FREE POSITIONS:
Short-term Consultancy Position
Position: Trainer in Early Intervention Services
Location: Varna, Bulgaria
Organisation: Karin Dom Foundation
Terms: 10 days contract (expected period: April 2012 – May 2012)
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 10 March 2012
Karin Dom Foundation is a leading non-governmental organisation, working to support the social inclusion of children with special needs and their families through professional services, training and raising public awareness. From 2010 Karin Dom is providing a number of services for children 0-3 as part of its Early Intervention Programme. The main services include: home visits by a mobile team of early intervention consultants, support for breastfeeding in maternity hospitals, playgroups for children and parents, parent-on-call, and family support network. Funded by the Early Childhood Initiative of the Open Society Institute, the Programme is the first of its kind in Bulgaria, piloting the family-centred model of service provision. Before launching the Programme, Karin Dom received training from child development consultants from British Columbia, Canada. More information about Karin Dom services is available on www.karindom.org
Purpose of consultancy
This 10-day training will enhance the skills of Karin Dom’s early intervention team. It aims to develop further the team’s practical skills for providing early intervention services to children with disabilities or at risk of developing a disability and their families. The training will contribute to integrating the family-centred model in the work of the team. The training will be provided to a group, consisting of 15-20 people, with specialist background in psychology, physiotherapy, speech therapy, and special education.
Training will need to be provided on the following key topics:
- early intervention models (the family-centred model in comparison to other models);
- working in partnership with parents & empowering parents;
- home visiting;
- assessment of child development and family needs;
- preparing Individual Family Service Plans;
- supervision of early intervention practitioners;
- family-support networks
Other topics can also be included, or the above can be re-negotiated, depending on the consultant’s specialisms and on Karin Dom’s needs
Key competences requirements
The consultant who will undertake the training will need to:
- be experienced in providing early intervention services for children 0-3 (preferably home-based services);
- be experienced as a trainer/tutor;
- be familiar with different models of early intervention;
- be able to provide training to a group of specialists with diverse professionals backgrounds;
- be prepared to spend time in a centre for children with special needs;
- be prepared to engage in practical demonstrations in home environments with families.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents:
- A covering letter explaining your reasons for applying and how your experience is relevant to the position;
- Your curriculum vitae;
- Details of two referees (to be consulted before contracting)
Please send the above documents to Mariana Nikolova before the closing date, quoting the above reference number. Informal enquires can also be made to the above e-mail address.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on 10 March 2012